attic-general mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Give access to all members
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:53:42 GMT
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 02:42:30AM -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Per the thread with Sebb and I, I'd like to propose that we open up
> svn access to the Attic site to all members.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] -1 (with reason)

I'm in two minds about this - it's tempting to open up the floodgates to
make retiring a project easier... but by opening up, we're also making
it easier to change the projects that have been retired and that's
always been the thing we were trying to discourage. I think a better
solution might be to be much quicker to add anyone who asks from a retiring
project while the move is going on.
Anyways, I'll pass on voting - I don't see the problem this is supposed
to solve, but it's still version control, so rollbacks are not impossible.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk