attic-general mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: Retiring a subproject
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 20:25:04 GMT
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Kristian Waagan <> wrote:
> Hello,
> The DB PMC is considering retiring one its subprojects, and we are basically
> ready to initiate a vote.
> It is a bit unclear to me if an approved board resolution is required to
> move the subproject to the Attic, or if that is only the case when the
> governing PMC is terminated.

Not required in this case:
 * DB PMC holds vote to move subproject to Attic.
 * If vote passes, DB PMC asks Attic PMC to take over, opens issue in
JIRA for move (see prior ATTIC issues for subtasks etc.)
 * Find volunteers and execute on the tasks to complete the move.
 * The move should find mention in subsequent board reports from the
DB PMC as well as the Attic PMC, but no board resolution is needed.

> If we need a board resolution, is there a template for retiring a subproject
> where the PMC continues to exist to govern the remaining subprojects and the
> top-level project itself?
> Thanks,
> --
> Kristian