attic-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <hyand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hivemind fork
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 03:49:10 GMT
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Johan Lindquist <johan@kawoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Notice file would be left intact - there are copyrights as part of the
> headers in the files - would these remain or can they safely be
> removed/changed in the derived work?

They can't be removed, except by the copyright holder.

However - it's not normal Apache practice to keep them in there. There
was a move to update src headers a few years back and it looks like it
missed HiveMind.

I'll update the files in hivemind2/trunk [I'm assuming you're taking
things from trunk and that the desired version is hivemind2].

Let me know otherwise [I'll aim to do it tomorrow night so you've time
to point me in the right direction].

Attic PMC - feel free to -1 if you think this is bad. It's the
application of a standard Apache style, so I think it's harmless
enough and will simplify things for the fork.

Hen