attic-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Web presence [Was: Getting started]
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:25:50 GMT

On 11/12/2008, at 8:19 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Niclas Hedhman
>> <niclas@hedhman.org> wrot
>>>
>>> So, wouldn't this then mean that Attic should be seen as
>>> http://attic.apache.org ?
>>
>> Dunno - would it have more than one page?
>>
>> I was thinking www.apache.org/attic/ which then links to the old
>> locations for the docs etc. However... seeing as attic.apache.org
>> exists might as well stick the page there :)
>
> Initial draft of a page for Attic. We don't have any svn space setup
> (or perms etc), so I've currently done it inside the asf-site.

I've set those up, just needs an svnadmin (== Hen) to run
svn mkdir https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/attic

I think a separate space/nav helps, I was a bit confused to see Attic,
and then "HTTP Server", etc on the right hand side of the page :)

SVN externals might be useful for bringing an identical stylesheet and
lib directory from the main site.

I think we will have more than one page - it'll be important to
clearly document both what it is and isn't to avoid rehashing
discussions. I also think each Attic project could have a new front
page that describes it's history (something like the incubator status
page) and archival before leaping into their last site.

>    http://people.apache.org/~bayard/attic.html

Looks good. I would s/product/project/, and add subscription
instructions to the bottom of the page.

Cheers,
Brett

--