atlas-dev mailing list archives

From Ashutosh Mestry <ames...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Atlas 0.8.3 Release Heads-up
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2018 06:23:31 GMT
Atlas Dev Community

Since Atlas 0.8.2 was released, there have been 138 commits towards features, improvements
and bug fixes.

These commits can be broadly categorized as follows:
    - Export and Import process improvement. Noteworthy being, support for incremental export.
    - Hive Hook performance improvement. The most significant improvement was addressing bugs
that led to spurious entity within Atlas for data inserts and improvement towards column lineage
creation.
   - Migration export utility. This will help users migrate to Atlas 1.0.
    - Bug fixes.

I propose that we create 0.8.3 release from branch-0.8. The tentative release completion date
would be October 15, 2018.

I volunteer to be the release manager for Apache Atlas 0.8.3 release. I plan on using https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-2910
to track progress.

Let me know your thoughts and concerns if any.

Best regards,

~ ashutosh