atlas-dev mailing list archives

From "Nigel Jones"<nigel.l.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review Request 64141: [ATLAS-2287]: Include lucene libraries when building atlas distribution with Janus profile
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 01:13:02 GMT

On 2017-12-01 00:52, "Nigel Jones"<nigel.l.jones@gmail.com> wrote:

> > atlas.server.ha.zookeeper.connect=localhost:2181

Reading the posts from earlier I then added
00:57 $ export MANAGE_LOCAL_SOLR=true
00:57 $ export MANAGE_LOCAL_HBASE=true
00:58 $ echo atlas.graphdb.backend=org.apache.atlas.repository.graphdb.janus.AtlasJanusGraphDatabase
>> conf/atlas-application.properties

With these done, Atlas starts up much more cleanly. I hadn't realised we needed elements of
the prior script alongside the patch. I would expect the patch/fix to have add the necessary
config so that the build 'would just work'.

The index creation (as noted) is taking a while, and of course when the atlas startup complete
returns, the initial type setup is still processing. This eventually completes. I'm also able
to run quick_start (slowly), with just the final DSL query failing

So much better..... :-)

At the very least we should update the build docs to clarify these required steps, but I do
think the less manual steps we have the better?