atlas-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Wallis <graham_wal...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: standalone mode setup
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 09:40:51 GMT
Hi Andrew

Your git page looks very similar to the parallel discussion and will use
JanusGraph by default - which for me works and starts up. Other people
have got it working with Titan 0.5.4 but some have found that clearing out
their local maven repo was necessary. I will probably try Titan 0.5.4
again later today if I have time.

One variation you might want to think about on the process is that I don't
think you should need to pull in the sleepycat jar explicitly. It should
come in via the graphdb if you are using berkeley - which by default you
will be for UTs - but it is excluded by webapp/pom.xml (in the 'dist'
profile). I think this was necessary with Titan 0.5.4 due to shading but
there is no shading with Janus - we need to update the profiles (see
ATLAS-2270 which may result in a general clean up) but in the meantime if
you were to remove the exclusion you should get the sleepycat jar.

It would be raising a JIRA for the documentation errors you spotted and
it'd be interesting to known whether you still see the class not found
when using the process on your git page.

With regard to your question about raising a PR, the way the Atlas
community works is by submitting a patch to the Review Board Tool, which
is then reviewed and committed. This link describes the process:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ATLAS/Using+Git+with+Atlas

I think a slack channel would be good - I don't think there is one
already.

Best regards,
  Graham

Graham Wallis
IBM Analytics Emerging Technology Center
Internet: graham_wallis@uk.ibm.com
IBM Laboratories, Hursley Park, Hursley, Hampshire SO21 2JN
Tel: +44-1962-815356    Tie: 7-245356