atlas-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Wallis <graham_wal...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Instructions to build & run Atlas in dev environment
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 18:40:26 GMT
Thanks Sarath,

I have now got an Atlas server started using a variant on Ashutosh's
instructions. The key difference is that I am using JanusGraph 0.2.0. I
cannot reproduce Ashutosh, Madhan and Sarath's result with Titan 0.5.4.

My environment is like this:
I am on Windows and have the latest rat plugin (0.12 v 0.7) to cope with
the downloaded solr archive. You don't seem to need that on other
platforms.
I am running with a modified the webapp/pom.xml but that will not affect
this combination of profiles.
Built using 'mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pdist,embedded-hbase-solr'
set MANAGE_LOCAL_HBASE=true
set MANAGE_LOCAL_SOLR=true
Checked the atlas-application.properties looks OK - but made no changes to
it as it defaults to AtlasJanusGraphDatabase anyway.
cd <atlas_root>/bin, where 'atlas_root' is
c:/dev/atlas/atlas/distro/target/apache-atlas-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/apache-atlas-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/
atlas_start.py

hbase.cmd launches in a separate window and appears to survive - when I do
this with Titan 0.5.4 it does not.

Atlas took a *very* long time to start - ages in fact, but it did get
there eventually. I have not investigated what it was doing during this
time.

I could then connect to localhost:21000.

I have not tried to run quick_start yet.

Best regards,
  Graham

Graham Wallis
IBM Analytics Emerging Technology Center
Internet: graham_wallis@uk.ibm.com
IBM Laboratories, Hursley Park, Hursley, Hampshire SO21 2JN
Tel: +44-1962-815356    Tie: 7-245356