atlas-dev mailing list archives

From "Nigel Jones"<nigel.l.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Emtity Resource v1 test failures
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:00:12 GMT

On 2017-08-25 12:28, "Nigel Jones"<nigel.l.jones@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I rebased this morning, but am still getting a failure - albeit a different one - this
looks like a timeout issue whilst the previous were seemingly more functional. Is there a
JIRA you are tracking these under? Should I create one per failure?

> I'll retry
>
> Tests run: 133, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 109.969 sec <<<
FAILURE! - in TestSuite
> testLineageIsMaintained(org.apache.atlas.examples.QuickStartIT)  Time elapsed: 1.537
sec  <<< FAILURE!

Another build, another random error - timing could be a factor (certainly in the earlier test).
This however is one of the build failures I had yesterday. It's also been seen in the Jenkins
build

 FAILURE! - in TestSuite
runQuickStart(org.apache.atlas.examples.QuickStartV2IT)  Time elapsed: 0.344 sec  <<<
FAILURE!
org.apache.atlas.AtlasServiceException: Metadata service API org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient$APIInfo@1a990d3
failed with status 409 (Conflict) Response Body ({"errorCode":"ATLAS-409-00-001","errorMessage":"Given
type Dimension already exists"})
	at org.apache.atlas.examples.QuickStartV2IT.runQuickStart(QuickStartV2IT.java:49)

Results :

Failed tests:
  QuickStartV2IT.runQuickStart:49 » AtlasService Metadata service API org.apache...

I feel we do need to between us all try and get these tests running cleanly, as it's otherwise
very tempting to run skip-tests and risk suggesting a change/patch that causes a failure.
(I was trying to get a solid baseline before trying to start on a new API)

We could even consider a short term change to the build to not stop if any known, problematic
tests fail - still run, but continue. may help?