atlas-dev mailing list archives

From Rajat Goel <rajatgoe...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding pipeline of multiple processes and ATLAS-1236
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 18:04:18 GMT
Hi,

I am new user and exploring Apache Atlas for metadata management. I have a
use case where I want to track lineage across a pipeline of processing
functions i.e. DataSet 1 -> Function/Process1 -> Process2 -> Process 3 ->
DataSet 2.

Another use case is that each of the above Processes/Functions themselves
could be some named pipelines. Eg. DataSet1 ->
Process1 (which is pipeline of SubProcess1 -> SubProcess2) -> Process2 ->
DataSet2.

Can Apache Atlas support these use cases for metadata management and
lineage?
If yes, please suggest how. If not, is there any plan to support these in
future?

I found one Jira improvement ticket ATLAS-1236 which looks to be relevant
to the above use cases. Is there any plan to resolve it in upcoming
releases?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajat Goel