atlas-dev mailing list archives

From David Radley <david...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Committer process
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 15:21:11 GMT
Hi Madhan,
That makes sense. I will correct the wiki,    thanks,  David

--
David Radley - Apache Atlas committer

From:    Madhan Neethiraj <madhan@apache.org>
To:    David Radley <davidrad@apache.org>
Cc:    "dev@atlas.apache.org" <dev@atlas.apache.org>
Date:    14/08/2017 15:40
Subject:    Re: Committer process
Sent by:    Madhan Neethiraj <mneethiraj@hortonworks.com>

David,

> It says that a commits should update the release log, but I notice that
this

> has not occurred recently. Is this still part of the process?

We stopped updating release log, as it caused merge issues while
cherry-picking commits to other branches (like 0.8 branch). And with
appropriate use of git while dealing with patches (like preserve author
information, commit message), maintaining release log file is not necessary.

Thanks,

Madhan