atlas-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Jones <jon...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Audit Repository: Hbase, No-op ....
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2017 12:39:37 GMT
I was just reading ATLAS-1870 which related to default audit
repositories. I see the default is HBaseBasedAuditRepository, and that
there is also NoopEntityAuditRepository, and InMemoryEntityAuditRepository.

I'm thinking that when Atlas is used in a non-hadoop oriented
environment it would be useful to have a non-hbase, persistent (helps a
little with compliance ;-) ) audit respository. Perhaps another RDB, or
indeed in solr/elastic search alongside Ranger's audit events.

I'll raise a JIRA on this if it's felt useful & my understanding is correct

Nigel.