atlas-dev mailing list archives

From Suma Shivaprasad <sumasai.shivapra...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Graduate Apache Atlas Project from Incubator
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 23:23:09 GMT
Dear Atlas Community Members,

Following the discussion in Atlas community on graduating Apache Atlas
Project from Incubation to a Top Level Project, starting this
voting thread within the Atlas community. I appreciate mentors and
community members in making this happen and thanks for their
support. Apache Atlas Project has come a long way since entering into
incubation during May 2015 and the project summary shows the
details on this.

Please vote on the Apache Atlas Project resolution that is found in
bottom of this email.

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Atlas from the Incubator.
[ ] +0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Atlas from the Incubator ( please provide
the reason)

This VOTE will be opened for next 72 hours.

If this VOTE succeeds, a similar VOTE will be done in general@incubator
mailing list. If that succeeds, a resolution will be
included in the next Apache Board Meeting.

Here is my Vote +1 (binding)

Thanks all for your participation
Suma

Project Summary:

=============
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/atlas.html

Project website:
=============

http://atlas.incubator.apache.org

Project Documentation:
===================

http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/index.html
Architecture - http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/Architecture.html
Installation guide - http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/InstallationSteps.
html
QuickStart Guide- http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/QuickStart.html
REST API - http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/api/v2/index.html
Atlas Release Guide - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ATLAS/
Developer+Resources

Project maturity Assessment:
=======================

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ATLAS/
Apache+Atlas+Project+Maturity+Model

Proposed PMC size: 38

Total number of committers  : 38 members
Total number of contributors : 62 members

PMC affiliation (* indicated chair)

* Hortonworks (13)
   IBM (3)
   Aetna(4)
   Freestone (3)
   Merck (2)
   Oracle(2)
   Target (2)
   Schlumberger(2)
   Dataguise(1)
   Inmobi(1)
   JPMC(1)
   MPR(1)
   SAP(1)
   SparklineData(1)
   Others(1)

1660 commits on master
80 contributors across all branches
Dev list averaged ~500-800 msgs/month in 2017
User list was created recently in April 2017. Hence not considering stats
for this.
1827 issues created

Committer¹s affiliation:
===================
* Hortonworks (13)
   IBM (3)
   Aetna(4)
   Freestone (3)
   Merck (2)
   Oracle(2)
   Target (2)
   Schlumberger(2)
   Dataguise(1)
   Inmobi(1)
   JPMC(1)
   MPR(1)
   SAP(1)
   SparklineData(1)
   Others(1)

Apache Atlas Top Level Project Resolution:
====================================

Establish the Apache Atlas Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation¹s purpose to establish a
Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public, related
to a data management platform That provides real-time, consistent access
to data-intensive applications throughout widely distributed cloud
architectures.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Atlas Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further
RESOLVED,that the Apache Atlas Project be and hereby is responsible for
the creation and maintenance of software related to a data management
platform that provides real-time, consistent access to data-intensive
applications throughout widely distributed cloud architectures.

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Atlas" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Atlas
Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the projects
within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Atlas Project; and be it
Further.

>RESOLVED,that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
>appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Atlas Project:

Aaron Dossett adossett@target.com <mailto:adossett@target.com>
Andrew Ahn aa@apache.org <mailto:aa@apache.org>
Anil Varma avarma@slb.com <mailto:avarma@slb.com>
Arun C. Murthy acmurthy@apache.org <mailto:acmurthy@apache.org>
Apoorv Naik apoorvnaik@apache.org <mailto:apoorvnaik@apache.org>
Ayub Pathan ayubpathan@apache.org <mailto:ayubpathan@apache.org>
Barbara Stortz bstortz@sap.com <mailto:bstortz@sap.com>
Chris Hyzer chyzer@aetna.com <mailto:chyzer@aetna.com>
Daniel Markwat dmarkwat@aetna.com <mailto:dmarkwat@aetna.com>
Darshan Kumar darshankumar@apache.org <mailto:darshankumar@apache.org>
Dave Kantor dkantor@apache.org <mailto:dkantor@apache.org>
David Kaspar dkaspar@merck.com <mailto:dkaspar@merck.com>
Dennis Fusaro dfusaro@aetna.com <mailto:dfusaro@aetna.com>
Greg Senia gsenia@aetna.com <mailto:gsenia@aetna.com>
Harish Butani rhbutani@apache.org <mailto:rhbutani@apache.org>
Hemanth Yamijala yhemanth@apache.org <mailto:yhemanth@apache.org>
Ivo Lasek ilasek@merck.com <mailto:ilasek@merck.com>
James Vollmer james@target.com <mailto:james@target.com>
Jeffrey Hagelberg jnhagelberg@apache.org <mailto:jnhagelberg@apache.org>
Jitendra Pandey jitendra@apache.org <mailto:jitendra@apache.org>
Jon Maron jmaron@apache.org <mailto:jmaron@apache.org>
Kalyani Kalshikar kalyanikashikar@apache.org <mailto:kalyanikashikar@
apache.org>
Keval Bhatt kbhatt kbhatt@apache.org <mailto:kbhatt@apache.org>
Madhan Neethiraj madhan@apache.org <mailto:madhan@apache.org>
Mitch Schussler mschussler@apache.org <mailto:mschussler@apache.org>
Neeru Gupta guptaneeru@us.ibm.com <mailto:guptaneeru@us.ibm.com>
Nixon Rodrigues nixon@apache.org <mailto:nixon@apache.org>
Sarath Subramanian sarath@apache.org <mailto:sarath@apache.org>
Shwetha GS  shwethags@apache.org <mailto:shwethags@apache.org>
Srikanth Sundarrajan sriksun@apache.org <mailto:sriksun@apache.org>
Suma Shivaprasad sumasai@apache.org <mailto:sumasai@apache.org>
Suresh Srinivas ssuresh@apache.org <mailto:ssuresh@apache.org>
Tom Beerbower tbeerbower@apache.org <mailto:tbeerbower@apache.org>
Venkat Ranganathan vranganathan@apache.org <mailto:vranganathan@apache.org>
Venkatesh Seetharam venkatesh@apache.org <mailto:venkatesh@apache.org>
Vimal Sharma svimal2106@apache.org <mailto:svimal2106@apache.org>
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli vinodkv@apache.org <mailto:vinodkv@apache.org>
Viswanath Avasarala vavasarala@slb.com <mailto:vavasarala@slb.com>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that "Madhan Neethiraj" be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Atlas, to serve in
accordance with and
subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Atlas PMC be and hereby is tasked with
the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open development and
increased participation in the Apache Atlas Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Atlas Project be and hereby is tasked with the
migration of the Apache Incubator Atlas podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Atlas polling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are hereafter
discharged.

Thanks
Suma

​