atlas-dev mailing list archives

From Srikanth Venkat <sven...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Atlas Project from Incubator
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 02:12:04 GMT
+1 (non-binding)
Huge thanks to Atlas community for your wonderful support and collaboration over the past
years!

Srikanth Venkat | Senior Director, Product Management |
Hortonworks Inc

On 5/24/17, 4:23 PM, "Suma Shivaprasad" <sumasai.shivaprasad@gmail.com> wrote:

    Dear Atlas Community Members,

    Following the discussion in Atlas community on graduating Apache Atlas
    Project from Incubation to a Top Level Project, starting this
    voting thread within the Atlas community. I appreciate mentors and
    community members in making this happen and thanks for their
    support. Apache Atlas Project has come a long way since entering into
    incubation during May 2015 and the project summary shows the
    details on this.

    Please vote on the Apache Atlas Project resolution that is found in
    bottom of this email.

    [ ] +1 Graduate Apache Atlas from the Incubator.
    [ ] +0 No opinion
    [ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Atlas from the Incubator ( please provide
    the reason)

    This VOTE will be opened for next 72 hours.

    If this VOTE succeeds, a similar VOTE will be done in general@incubator
    mailing list. If that succeeds, a resolution will be
    included in the next Apache Board Meeting.

    Here is my Vote +1 (binding)

    Thanks all for your participation
    Suma

    Project Summary:

    =============
    http://incubator.apache.org/projects/atlas.html

    Project website:
    =============

    http://atlas.incubator.apache.org

    Project Documentation:
    ===================

    http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/index.html
    Architecture - http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/Architecture.html
    Installation guide - http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/InstallationSteps.
    html
    QuickStart Guide- http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/QuickStart.html
    REST API - http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/api/v2/index.html
    Atlas Release Guide - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ATLAS/
    Developer+Resources

    Project maturity Assessment:
    =======================

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ATLAS/
    Apache+Atlas+Project+Maturity+Model

    Proposed PMC size: 38

    Total number of committers  : 38 members
    Total number of contributors : 62 members

    PMC affiliation (* indicated chair)

    * Hortonworks (13)
       IBM (3)
       Aetna(4)
       Freestone (3)
       Merck (2)
       Oracle(2)
       Target (2)
       Schlumberger(2)
       Dataguise(1)
       Inmobi(1)
       JPMC(1)
       MPR(1)
       SAP(1)
       SparklineData(1)
       Others(1)

    1660 commits on master
    80 contributors across all branches
    Dev list averaged ~500-800 msgs/month in 2017
    User list was created recently in April 2017. Hence not considering stats
    for this.
    1827 issues created

    Committer¹s affiliation:
    ===================
    * Hortonworks (13)
       IBM (3)
       Aetna(4)
       Freestone (3)
       Merck (2)
       Oracle(2)
       Target (2)
       Schlumberger(2)
       Dataguise(1)
       Inmobi(1)
       JPMC(1)
       MPR(1)
       SAP(1)
       SparklineData(1)
       Others(1)

    Apache Atlas Top Level Project Resolution:
    ====================================

    Establish the Apache Atlas Project

    WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
    the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation¹s purpose to establish a
    Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
    open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public, related
    to a data management platform That provides real-time, consistent access
    to data-intensive applications throughout widely distributed cloud
    architectures.

    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
    (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Atlas Project", be and hereby is
    established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further
    RESOLVED,that the Apache Atlas Project be and hereby is responsible for
    the creation and maintenance of software related to a data management
    platform that provides real-time, consistent access to data-intensive
    applications throughout widely distributed cloud architectures.

    RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Atlas" be and
    hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
    direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Atlas
    Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the projects
    within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Atlas Project; and be it
    Further.

    >RESOLVED,that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
    >appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Atlas Project:

    Aaron Dossett adossett@target.com <mailto:adossett@target.com>
    Andrew Ahn aa@apache.org <mailto:aa@apache.org>
    Anil Varma avarma@slb.com <mailto:avarma@slb.com>
    Arun C. Murthy acmurthy@apache.org <mailto:acmurthy@apache.org>
    Apoorv Naik apoorvnaik@apache.org <mailto:apoorvnaik@apache.org>
    Ayub Pathan ayubpathan@apache.org <mailto:ayubpathan@apache.org>
    Barbara Stortz bstortz@sap.com <mailto:bstortz@sap.com>
    Chris Hyzer chyzer@aetna.com <mailto:chyzer@aetna.com>
    Daniel Markwat dmarkwat@aetna.com <mailto:dmarkwat@aetna.com>
    Darshan Kumar darshankumar@apache.org <mailto:darshankumar@apache.org>
    Dave Kantor dkantor@apache.org <mailto:dkantor@apache.org>
    David Kaspar dkaspar@merck.com <mailto:dkaspar@merck.com>
    Dennis Fusaro dfusaro@aetna.com <mailto:dfusaro@aetna.com>
    Greg Senia gsenia@aetna.com <mailto:gsenia@aetna.com>
    Harish Butani rhbutani@apache.org <mailto:rhbutani@apache.org>
    Hemanth Yamijala yhemanth@apache.org <mailto:yhemanth@apache.org>
    Ivo Lasek ilasek@merck.com <mailto:ilasek@merck.com>
    James Vollmer james@target.com <mailto:james@target.com>
    Jeffrey Hagelberg jnhagelberg@apache.org <mailto:jnhagelberg@apache.org>
    Jitendra Pandey jitendra@apache.org <mailto:jitendra@apache.org>
    Jon Maron jmaron@apache.org <mailto:jmaron@apache.org>
    Kalyani Kalshikar kalyanikashikar@apache.org <mailto:kalyanikashikar@
    apache.org>
    Keval Bhatt kbhatt kbhatt@apache.org <mailto:kbhatt@apache.org>
    Madhan Neethiraj madhan@apache.org <mailto:madhan@apache.org>
    Mitch Schussler mschussler@apache.org <mailto:mschussler@apache.org>
    Neeru Gupta guptaneeru@us.ibm.com <mailto:guptaneeru@us.ibm.com>
    Nixon Rodrigues nixon@apache.org <mailto:nixon@apache.org>
    Sarath Subramanian sarath@apache.org <mailto:sarath@apache.org>
    Shwetha GS  shwethags@apache.org <mailto:shwethags@apache.org>
    Srikanth Sundarrajan sriksun@apache.org <mailto:sriksun@apache.org>
    Suma Shivaprasad sumasai@apache.org <mailto:sumasai@apache.org>
    Suresh Srinivas ssuresh@apache.org <mailto:ssuresh@apache.org>
    Tom Beerbower tbeerbower@apache.org <mailto:tbeerbower@apache.org>
    Venkat Ranganathan vranganathan@apache.org <mailto:vranganathan@apache.org>
    Venkatesh Seetharam venkatesh@apache.org <mailto:venkatesh@apache.org>
    Vimal Sharma svimal2106@apache.org <mailto:svimal2106@apache.org>
    Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli vinodkv@apache.org <mailto:vinodkv@apache.org>
    Viswanath Avasarala vavasarala@slb.com <mailto:vavasarala@slb.com>

    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that "Madhan Neethiraj" be
    appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Atlas, to serve in
    accordance with and
    subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
    Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
    disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
    RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Atlas PMC be and hereby is tasked with
    the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open development and
    increased participation in the Apache Atlas Project; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache Atlas Project be and hereby is tasked with the
    migration of the Apache Incubator Atlas podling; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
    Atlas polling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are hereafter
    discharged.

    Thanks
    Suma

    ​