atlas-dev mailing list archives

From David Radley <david_rad...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Fw: JanusGraph - fork of Titan?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:30:24 GMT
Hi,
This article
https://www.datanami.com/2017/01/13/janusgraph-picks-titandb-left-off/
gives more background and indicates that it is a Titan fork. It looks like
Atlas will need to support Tinkerpop 3 (or a subset) to support
JanusGraph. I see ATLAS-610 is open in this areas,

   regards David.

----- Forwarded by David Radley/UK/IBM on 18/01/2017 12:23 -----

From:   Mandy Chessell/UK/IBM@IBMGB
To:     dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org
Date:   18/01/2017 12:16
Subject:        Re: JanusGraph - fork of Titan?

Hello Hemanth,
My understanding is that JanusGraph is planned to be the future
development project for a graph database using Titan as a starting point.
>From an Apache Atlas point of view, we should look to add a JanusGraph
mapping under the TinkerPop-based Graph Abstraction Layer so we have a
graph implementation that is being actively developed.

All the best
Mandy
Mandy Chessell CBE FREng CEng FBCS
IBM Distinguished Engineer
IBM Analytics Group CTO Office

Master Inventor
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Visiting Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of
Sheffield

Email: mandy_chessell@uk.ibm.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mandy-chessell/22/897/a49

Assistant: Janet Brooks - jsbrooks12@uk.ibm.com

From:   Hemanth Yamijala <hyamijala@hortonworks.com>
To:     "dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org" <dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org>
Date:   18/01/2017 12:33
Subject:        JanusGraph - fork of Titan?

Found this from an announcement today on the Titan mailing list:

http://janusgraph.org/

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.