atlas-dev mailing list archives

From David Radley <david_rad...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Entity API V2 question
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:40:18 GMT
Hi Madhan,
I have added json files to the Jira,
Thanks, David.

From:   Madhan Neethiraj <madhan@apache.org>
To:     "dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org" <dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org>
Date:   16/01/2017 22:06
Subject:        Re: Entity API V2 question
Sent by:        Madhan Neethiraj <mneethiraj@hortonworks.com>

David,

It will make it easier to understand and discuss if entity-def json is
available (similar to the ones under directory addons/models); can you
please attach to the JIRA?

Thanks,
Madhan

On 1/16/17, 9:36 AM, "David Radley" <david_radley@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

    Hi,
    I am looking at Jira ATLAS-1458 . If we define a type that points to a

    second type that has references back and uses constraints, we get an
    infinite loop in toString. I can circumvent this by caching the guids
we
    have seen already in toString() processing, so we do not put out the
same
    guid twice, thus ending that loop. After this patch, it then loops in
the
    GSON serialization in the toJSON method. It looks like we could amend
this
    to use a GSON exclusion strategy.

    I then remembered at V1, we had hrefs for references. This seems to
have
    been removed from the V2 POJO API, which leaves us open to these
infinite
    loops. It seems to me that the v1 hrefs would be preferable to the
    circumventions I am contemplating above,
               all the best, David.

    Unless stated otherwise above:
    IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with
number
    741598.
    Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6
3AU