atlas-dev mailing list archives

From David Radley <david_rad...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Current use cases for POST /entities
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 07:43:46 GMT

objects (types, terms , tags entities etc). I would like that this sort of
information should go in a top level object (I notice interface
ResourceDefinition does not contain this information).

   all the best, David Radley.

From:   Shwetha Shivalingamurthy <sshivalingamurthy@hortonworks.com>
To:     "dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org" <dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org>
Date:   14/09/2016 06:13
Subject:        Re: Current use cases for POST /entities

We can remove the definition, but I think we should return the guids.

The location in the response header contains the guid. But we should find
a way of returning all the guids created - probably list of locations?

When you change the create API, make sure to change even the update and
delete APIs.

Regards,
Shwetha

On 14/09/16, 3:46 AM, "Suma Shivaprasad" <sumasai.shivaprasad@gmail.com>
wrote:

>+1
>
>On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 9:22 PM, Apoorv Naik <anaik@hortonworks.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Is anyone relying on the definition object within the response of a
>>create
>> entity call ? If not, let¹s remove it from the response as it can be
>> inferred from the request body itself and the only useful piece seems
>>to be
>> the GUIDs.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.