atlas-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ayub Khan (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Resolved] (ATLAS-1153) When ATLAS_HOOK topic is not created by Atlas, it is not reading messages from the beginning
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 12:07:20 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-1153?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Ayub Khan resolved ATLAS-1153.
------------------------------
    Resolution: Not A Problem

> When ATLAS_HOOK topic is not created by Atlas, it is not reading messages from the beginning
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ATLAS-1153
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-1153
>             Project: Atlas
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: trunk
>            Reporter: Ayub Khan
>             Fix For: trunk
>
>
> When ATLAS_HOOK topic is not created by Atlas, it is not reading messages from the beginning
> Steps to repro: 
> 1. Stop atlas.
> 2. Delete ATLAS_HOOK Topic and check it is actually deleted.
> 3. Create some hive tables(more than 3, preferrable) from hive client.
> 4. Now check that ATLAS_HOOK topic is created and also has messages for above hive tables.
> 5. Now restart Atlas. Ideally Atlas should start consuming messages from offset '0' but
looks like it is consuming the latest one.
> I have also verified that 'auto.offset.reset' is set to 'smallest', which should ideally
force the consumer to read messages from offset '0'.
> {noformat}
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,378 INFO  - [main:] ~ Property auto.commit.enable is overridden to
false (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,379 INFO  - [main:] ~ Property auto.offset.reset is overridden to
smallest (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,379 WARN  - [main:] ~ Property bootstrap.servers is not valid (VerifiableProperties:83)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,379 INFO  - [main:] ~ Property group.id is overridden to atlas (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,379 WARN  - [main:] ~ Property hook.group.id is not valid (VerifiableProperties:83)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,379 WARN  - [main:] ~ Property key.deserializer is not valid (VerifiableProperties:83)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,380 WARN  - [main:] ~ Property key.serializer is not valid (VerifiableProperties:83)
> {noformat}
> Kafka commands
> {noformat}
> [root@atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1 bin]# ./kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper 172.22.74.193:2181,172.22.74.192:2181
--list
> ATLAS_ENTITIES
> ATLAS_HOOK
> __consumer_offsets
> [root@atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1 bin]# ./kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper 172.22.74.193:2181,172.22.74.192:2181
--topic ATLAS_HOOK --delete
> Topic ATLAS_HOOK is marked for deletion.
> Note: This will have no impact if delete.topic.enable is not set to true.
> [root@atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1 bin]# ./kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper 172.22.74.193:2181,172.22.74.192:2181
--list
> ATLAS_ENTITIES
> __consumer_offsets
> {noformat}
> Atlas logs showing initOffset set to 3, ideally this should be set to zero.
> {noformat}
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,590 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
begin rebalancing consumer atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c
try #0 (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,841 INFO  - [main:] ~ [ConsumerFetcherManager-1472726801467] Stopping
leader finder thread (ConsumerFetcherManager:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,841 INFO  - [main:] ~ [ConsumerFetcherManager-1472726801467] Stopping
all fetchers (ConsumerFetcherManager:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,842 INFO  - [main:] ~ [ConsumerFetcherManager-1472726801467] All
connections stopped (ConsumerFetcherManager:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,843 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
Cleared all relevant queues for this fetcher (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,845 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
Cleared the data chunks in all the consumer message iterators (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,849 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
Releasing partition ownership (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,900 INFO  - [main:] ~ Starting round-robin assignment with consumers
ArrayBuffer(atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c) (RoundRobinAssignor:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,901 INFO  - [main:] ~ Consumer atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c
rebalancing the following partitions for topic ATLAS_HOOK: ArrayBuffer(0) (RoundRobinAssignor:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,955 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-0 successfully owned partition
0 for topic ATLAS_HOOK (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,985 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
Consumer atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c selected partitions
: ATLAS_HOOK:0: fetched offset = 3: consumed offset = 3 (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,994 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
end rebalancing consumer atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c try
#0 (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,997 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread],
Starting  (ConsumerFetcherManager$LeaderFinderThread:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,013 INFO  - [main:] ~ Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
(/:2052)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,014 INFO  - [NotificationHookConsumer thread-0:] ~ Atlas Server is
ready, can start reading Kafka events. (NotificationHookConsumer:305)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,022 INFO  - [main:] ~ Root WebApplicationContext: initialization
started (ContextLoader:272)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,058 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Verifying properties (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,058 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Property client.id is overridden to atlas (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,058 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Property metadata.broker.list is overridden to atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1.openstacklocal:6667,atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-3.openstacklocal:6667
(VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,058 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Property request.timeout.ms is overridden to 30000 (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,058 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Property security.protocol is overridden to PLAINTEXT (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,092 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Fetching metadata from broker BrokerEndPoint(1001,atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1.openstacklocal,6667)
with correlation id 0 for 1 topic(s) Set(ATLAS_HOOK) (ClientUtils$:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,098 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Connected to atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1.openstacklocal:6667 for producing (SyncProducer:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,135 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Disconnecting from atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1.openstacklocal:6667 (SyncProducer:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,145 INFO  - [main:] ~ Refreshing Root WebApplicationContext: startup
date [Thu Sep 01 10:46:42 UTC 2016]; root of context hierarchy (XmlWebApplicationContext:503)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,181 INFO  - [ConsumerFetcherThread-atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-0-1002:]
~ [ConsumerFetcherThread-atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-0-1002],
Starting  (ConsumerFetcherThread:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,190 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ [ConsumerFetcherManager-1472726801467] Added fetcher for partitions ArrayBuffer([[ATLAS_HOOK,0],
initOffset 3 to broker BrokerEndPoint(1002,atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-3.openstacklocal,6667)]
) (ConsumerFetcherManager:68)
> {noformat}
> Steps to repro: 
> 1. Stop atlas.
> 2. Delete ATLAS_HOOK Topic and check it is actually deleted.
> 3. Create some hive tables(more than 3, preferrable) from hive client.
> 4. Now check that ATLAS_HOOK topic is created and also has messages for above hive tables.
> 5. Now restart Atlas. Ideally Atlas should start consuming messages from offset '0' but
looks like it is consuming the latest one.
> I have also verified that 'auto.offset.reset' is set to 'smallest', which should ideally
force the consumer to read messages from offset '0'.
> {noformat}
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,378 INFO  - [main:] ~ Property auto.commit.enable is overridden to
false (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,379 INFO  - [main:] ~ Property auto.offset.reset is overridden to
smallest (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,379 WARN  - [main:] ~ Property bootstrap.servers is not valid (VerifiableProperties:83)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,379 INFO  - [main:] ~ Property group.id is overridden to atlas (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,379 WARN  - [main:] ~ Property hook.group.id is not valid (VerifiableProperties:83)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,379 WARN  - [main:] ~ Property key.deserializer is not valid (VerifiableProperties:83)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,380 WARN  - [main:] ~ Property key.serializer is not valid (VerifiableProperties:83)
> {noformat}
> Kafka commands
> {noformat}
> [root@atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1 bin]# ./kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper 172.22.74.193:2181,172.22.74.192:2181
--list
> ATLAS_ENTITIES
> ATLAS_HOOK
> __consumer_offsets
> [root@atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1 bin]# ./kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper 172.22.74.193:2181,172.22.74.192:2181
--topic ATLAS_HOOK --delete
> Topic ATLAS_HOOK is marked for deletion.
> Note: This will have no impact if delete.topic.enable is not set to true.
> [root@atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1 bin]# ./kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper 172.22.74.193:2181,172.22.74.192:2181
--list
> ATLAS_ENTITIES
> __consumer_offsets
> {noformat}
> Atlas logs showing initOffset set to 3, ideally this should be set to zero.
> {noformat}
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,590 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
begin rebalancing consumer atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c
try #0 (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,841 INFO  - [main:] ~ [ConsumerFetcherManager-1472726801467] Stopping
leader finder thread (ConsumerFetcherManager:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,841 INFO  - [main:] ~ [ConsumerFetcherManager-1472726801467] Stopping
all fetchers (ConsumerFetcherManager:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,842 INFO  - [main:] ~ [ConsumerFetcherManager-1472726801467] All
connections stopped (ConsumerFetcherManager:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,843 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
Cleared all relevant queues for this fetcher (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,845 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
Cleared the data chunks in all the consumer message iterators (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,849 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
Releasing partition ownership (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,900 INFO  - [main:] ~ Starting round-robin assignment with consumers
ArrayBuffer(atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c) (RoundRobinAssignor:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,901 INFO  - [main:] ~ Consumer atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c
rebalancing the following partitions for topic ATLAS_HOOK: ArrayBuffer(0) (RoundRobinAssignor:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,955 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-0 successfully owned partition
0 for topic ATLAS_HOOK (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,985 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
Consumer atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c selected partitions
: ATLAS_HOOK:0: fetched offset = 3: consumed offset = 3 (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,994 INFO  - [main:] ~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c],
end rebalancing consumer atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c try
#0 (ZookeeperConsumerConnector:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:41,997 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread],
Starting  (ConsumerFetcherManager$LeaderFinderThread:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,013 INFO  - [main:] ~ Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
(/:2052)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,014 INFO  - [NotificationHookConsumer thread-0:] ~ Atlas Server is
ready, can start reading Kafka events. (NotificationHookConsumer:305)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,022 INFO  - [main:] ~ Root WebApplicationContext: initialization
started (ContextLoader:272)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,058 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Verifying properties (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,058 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Property client.id is overridden to atlas (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,058 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Property metadata.broker.list is overridden to atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1.openstacklocal:6667,atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-3.openstacklocal:6667
(VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,058 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Property request.timeout.ms is overridden to 30000 (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,058 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Property security.protocol is overridden to PLAINTEXT (VerifiableProperties:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,092 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Fetching metadata from broker BrokerEndPoint(1001,atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1.openstacklocal,6667)
with correlation id 0 for 1 topic(s) Set(ATLAS_HOOK) (ClientUtils$:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,098 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Connected to atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1.openstacklocal:6667 for producing (SyncProducer:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,135 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ Disconnecting from atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1.openstacklocal:6667 (SyncProducer:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,145 INFO  - [main:] ~ Refreshing Root WebApplicationContext: startup
date [Thu Sep 01 10:46:42 UTC 2016]; root of context hierarchy (XmlWebApplicationContext:503)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,181 INFO  - [ConsumerFetcherThread-atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-0-1002:]
~ [ConsumerFetcherThread-atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-0-1002],
Starting  (ConsumerFetcherThread:68)
> 2016-09-01 10:46:42,190 INFO  - [atlas_atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-1-1472726801437-dc09262c-leader-finder-thread:]
~ [ConsumerFetcherManager-1472726801467] Added fetcher for partitions ArrayBuffer([[ATLAS_HOOK,0],
initOffset 3 to broker BrokerEndPoint(1002,atlas-pixie-dust-test-7-unsecure-3.openstacklocal,6667)]
) (ConsumerFetcherManager:68)
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message