atlas-dev mailing list archives

From Herman Yu <herman...@teeupdata.com>
Subject Re: authentication with v0.7
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 14:40:48 GMT
Thanks Hemanth. This saves my time.  Herman.

> On Jul 6, 2016, at 23:42, Hemanth Yamijala <hyamijala@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Herman,
>
> Sorry, it is not possible to use Apache Atlas 0.7 without an authentication mode. The
simplest authentication setup is file based authentication the details of which are documented
here: http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/Authentication-Authorization.html

> To use the 0.7 server, you would need to use the 0.7 version of the Atlas client. With
it, you can look at the QuickStart example to see how authentication is implemented in the
client library.

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-atlas/blob/0.7-incubating/webapp/src/main/java/org/apache/atlas/examples/QuickStart.java
>
> Specifically, this constructor of AtlasClient: https://github.com/apache/incubator-atlas/blob/0.7-incubating/client/src/main/java/org/apache/atlas/AtlasClient.java#L144
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Thanks
> Hemanth

doesn’t require U/P)? We are testing codes (uses atlasClient)  built for v0.5 on v0.7 on
a sandbox environment, it fails with authentication. v0.7 is configured using simple file
based authentication.

> I tried set all authentication.method to false in atlas-application.properties, it seems
still default to simple, UI still displays login page and REST calls still failed with authentication
failure.

> if not, where is the best place to find changes required to atlasClient based codes to
make it work with authentication?