atlas-dev mailing list archives

From Hemanth Yamijala <yhema...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Atlas with hbase/solr/kafka
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 06:30:05 GMT
Hi Rishabh,

There are several reasons why we are currently looking at a single *active*
instance of Atlas. The server caches a few types as an optimization. Also,
our current tests show an unlocked version of HBase as backing store for
Titan performs better. Until we find a way around some of these
constraints, it is likely to remain this way.

Please note that we are thinking of supporting an active-passive
arrangement of Atlas with automated failover for a reasonable HA solution.

What is your requirement for multiple *active* instances? Could you please
share your requirements / thoughts?

Thanks
hemanth