asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Yingyi Bu <buyin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FW: CSE 514: AsterixDB Error
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 00:29:14 GMT
Erin,

-- BTW, the class-not-found issues shown in the Power Shell shouldn't
prevent you running queries.  For now, you can ignore them.
-- For "MetadataNode failed to bind",  I guess it could be fixed by
appending the line "storage.metadata.memorycomponent.numpages=16" to
samples/local/conf/cc.conf  and restart everything.  By doing this, I fixed
the error at my Windows instance.

Best,
Yingyi

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Yingyi Bu <buyingyi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Orbite,
>
>    For the issue of "The MetadataNode failed to bind":
>     What's the RAM size of your Windows machine?  I suspect it is not very
> large.
>
>     I run into the same issue when I had 1GB RAM.  I fixed that by adding
> this line to the end of samples/local/conf/cc.conf:
>    storage.metadata.memorycomponent.numpages=16
>

> Best,
> Yingyi
>
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 4:14 PM, <orbite@uw.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> I’m a student in Dan’s Database Management class, and I followed your
>> instructions for the Windows platform, but I’m having problems. There’s a
>> screenshot below with the error code, and I also attached a screenshot of
>> the error I get with the PowerShell.  Could you help me with this error?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Erin Orbits, J.D.
>> University of Wash., Dept. of Data Science

was configured to run on NC: red [HyracksDataException]