asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From <orb...@uw.edu>
Subject FW: CSE 514: AsterixDB Error
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 00:14:07 GMT
Hello,

I’m a student in Dan’s Database Management class, and I followed your instructions for
the Windows platform, but I’m having problems. There’s a screenshot below with the error
code, and I also attached a screenshot of the error I get with the PowerShell.  Could you
help me with this error?

Thanks,

Erin Orbits, J.D.
University of Wash., Dept. of Data Science

From: orbite@uw.edu
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 1:27 AM
To: Weston Wei
Subject: CSE 514: AsterixDB Error

Hello,

I followed the instructions from Yingyi, and managed to get a Firefox browser window for AsterixDB,
but then when I entered the initial commands, I got the error:
The MetadataNode failed to bind before the configured timeout (60 seconds); the MetadataNode
was configured to run on NC: red [HyracksDataException]
(see the photo)

I have absolutely no idea what that error means… Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,
~ Erin