asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Wail Alkowaileet <wael....@gmail.com>
Subject Trio: AsterixDB, Spark and Zeppelin.
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 11:34:07 GMT
Dears,

Finally I finished cleaning and documenting the AsterixDB-Spark connector
and finalize Zeppelin <http://zeppelin.apache.org> interpreter for AQL and
SQL++.

AsterixDB-Spark Connector:

   - Supports both AQL and SQL++ queries.
   - Much cleaner code now.
   - Please if you have ANY problem with it, create an issue in the project
   repo.
   - I'm working on a tutorial-video from the build to use it in Zeppelin.
   - I recommend you to use Zeppelin. (you can import the connector example
   notebook
   <https://github.com/Nullification/asterixdb-spark-connector/tree/master/zeppelin-notebook/asterixdb-spark-example>
   )

Source Code: https://github.com/Nullification/astreixdb-spark-connector

Apache Zeppelin with AsterixDB interpreter:

   - Supports JSON-flattening (which will allow zeppelin to visualize
   results).
   - See attached screenshots.
   - Will try to initiate pull request to merge it to Zeppelin master.

Source Code: https://github.com/Nullification/zeppelin

Finally, I just submitted Schema Inferencer. I have work on some Sonar
comments and it should be ready soon.

Thanks!

--

*Regards,*