asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Magnus Kongshem <kongs...@online.ntnu.no>
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 11:59:32 GMT
Hi,

There has been a lot of questions from me regarding AsterixDB and I thank
all of you who have answered me. So it is time for me to contribute with
some obeservations. I am writing my master thesis where I test multiple
databases on a large data set. I should also mention that I have installed
AsterixDB on a single machine.

What I have observed is that asterixDB has a "poorer" read performance when
I specify indexes on the data set compared to not implementing any indexes.
See the attachment for details, its an excerpt of my thesis explaining and
describing the queries, the indexes and the test results. Any thoughts on
these test results?

I also cannot help to notice that the read performance for a query querying
a small portion, medium portion and large portion of the data set is very
similar. The largest query finds 75 million records and the smallest query
finds 3.5 million records, but almost have the same read performance. How
can this be?

Perhaps you can use these test results in the future development of
asterixDB.

I you would like, I can send you my final thesis when it's done.

--

Mvh

Magnus Alderslyst Kongshem
+47 415 65 906