asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Magnus Kongshem <kongs...@online.ntnu.no>
Subject Unusable asterix instance and setting unique primary key
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 09:14:40 GMT
Hey,

Im testing AsterixDB for my master thesis and I have some issues.

First, all of the sudden, my asterix instance became unusable. I have tried
to delete it to create a new one, but I am not allowed. How do one solve
this?

Second, I have a data set with no unique primary key. I understood on Heri,
one of the developers, that there is an option for generating a unique
primary key, but I can't find it anywhere in the documentation. Can someone
point me in the right direction?

Last, I am using the REST API to access the instance and perform queries on
it. But I am having issues with the url string encoder. When I write a
query and try to encode it to UTF-8 I get a different url string than what
is accepted by Asterix. Example below:

This is an example query I want to perform:
"query=use dataverse bigd;count(for $l in dataset('posdata') return $l);"

This is the query when UTF-8 encoded:
"query%3Duse+dataverse+bigd%3Bcount%28for+%24l+in+dataset%28%27posdata%27%29+return+%24l%29%3B"

This is what AsterixDB accepts:
"query=use%20dataverse%20bigd;count(for%20$l%20in%20dataset(%27posdata%27)%20return%20$l);"

Why is there a difference between what AsterixDB accepts and the standard
UTF-8 encoding? I'm using java and URLEncoder to encode the URL.

URLEncoder.encode(query, "UTF-8")

Thanks in advance

--

Mvh