asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Pääkkönen Pekka <Pekka.Paakko...@vtt.fi>
Subject Re: AsterixDB - UDF
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 06:26:39 GMT
Hi,

Yes, I have been testing UDF in AQL.
It seems that I get a throughput of ~200 queries/s, when using multithreading in the client.
By batching 100 UDF operations/query, throughput increases to +10000 UDF operations/s.

I am wondering, if UDF is connected to a feed, how can I check that the UDF is processed fast
enough, if
there would be real time processing requirements?

Regards,
-Pekka

You can test UDFs (and should!!) by using them in AQL queries against
the kinds of data that will be coming in on the feed.  Once they are
tested and working 100%, you can use them on a feed and be confident
that they'll be doing the right thing. Does that help?

Cheers,
Mike