asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From schul...@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Subject Data in AsterixDB skewing towards one node
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 19:23:46 GMT
Hello,

I have a cluster setup of AsterixDB running 4 nodes with the first being
the master node and a node controller running on each of them. As a test I
run TPC-H queries on them loading the generated TPC-H datasets from a
hadoop distributed file system.

When I load the external data it is all saved on a single node. For later
querying that means that most of the computations are done by that single
node which slows down the whole query (and makes the distributed
computation idea obsolete).

By now I tried to setup the system several times and interestingly enough
two times I was able to receive a fully functional system. Unfortunatly I
currently cannot reproduce a functional system state and whenever I try to
do a new setup I get the data skewing towards one node.

Has that ever happened before? Do you know the reason for this or how to
fix that?

Regards, Max