asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Young-Seok Kim <kiss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Socket feed questions
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 23:18:10 GMT
I'm not sure whether the following UDF is possible or not, but hopefully it
is.
What we're trying to do is to have the following UDF.

The UDF
1) accepts an incoming tweet record through a feed job as an input and then
2) takes a field, more specifically, coordinate field value from the tweet
record and sends a spatial-intersect query using the coordinate in order to
find out the corresponding county of the coordinates (we have created
AsterixDB instance which stores US county shapes records into a dataset and
created R-tree index on the polygon field of it, so the query will return
the county effectively using the R-tree index)
3) creates a new tweet record consisting of the original record's fields +
the returned county value
4) ingests to a tweet dataset in the AsterixDB instance.

Can we have such an UDF?

Best,
Young-Seok