asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Pääkkönen Pekka <Pekka.Paakko...@vtt.fi>
Subject Re: AsterixDB - UDF
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 10:53:31 GMT
Hi,

Thanks. I am now able to create a simple UDF.

If I connect the UDF to a feed, is it possible to know from outside of AsterixDB, when execution
of UDF calls have been completed?
Or should I use AQL via REST API (to call the UDF) for such purpose?

-Pekka

Hi Pekka,
For making UDFs, you should not necessarily have to import AsterixDB
into Eclipse/Intellij, as long as you are comfortable with maven and
your text editor of choice. It may be easiest however.

As for the content of the asterix-external-data zip, yes, other UDFs
should follow the general example of that archive. That XML file (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-asterixdb/blob/master/asterix-external-data/src/test/resources/library_descriptor.xml)
corresponds to these set of functions:
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-asterixdb/tree/master/asterix-external-data/src/test/java/org/apache/asterix/external/library)

Hope that helps! Sorry there isn't a more end-to-end documentation
regarding implementing a UDF, but hopefully the source examples are
illustrative enough.

Thanks,
-Ian