asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Pääkkönen Pekka <Pekka.Paakko...@vtt.fi>
Subject Socket feed questions
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 05:15:29 GMT
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply.
I compiled AsterixDB v0.87 and started it.

However, I get the following warnings:
INFO: Name:my_asterix
Created:Mon Oct 19 08:37:16 UTC 2015
Web-Url:http://192.168.101.144:19001
State:UNUSABLE

WARNING!:Cluster Controller not running at master

Also, I see the following warnings in my_asterixdb1.log. there are no warnings or errors in
cc.log
"
Oct 19, 2015 8:37:39 AM org.apache.hyracks.api.lifecycle.LifeCycleComponentManager configure
SEVERE: LifecycleComponentManager configured org.apache.hyracks.api.lifecycle.LifeCycleComponentManager@7559ec47<mailto:org.apache.hyracks.api.lifecycle.LifeCycleComponentManager@7559ec47>
..
INFO: Completed sharp checkpoint.
Oct 19, 2015 8:37:40 AM org.apache.asterix.om.util.AsterixClusterProperties getIODevices
WARNING: Configuration parameters for nodeId my_asterix_node1 not found. The node has not
joined yet or has left.
Oct 19, 2015 8:37:40 AM org.apache.asterix.om.util.AsterixClusterProperties getIODevices
WARNING: Configuration parameters for nodeId my_asterix_node1 not found. The node has not
joined yet or has left.
Oct 19, 2015 8:38:38 AM org.apache.hyracks.control.common.dataset.ResultStateSweeper sweep
INFO: Result state cleanup instance successfully completed."

I seems that AsterixDB is running, and I can access it at port 19001.

The documentation shows ingestion of tweets, but I would be interested in using sockets.
Is it possible to ingest data from sockets?

Regards,
-Pekka

Hey there Pekka,
Your intuition is correct, most of the newer feeds features are in the
current master branch and not in the (very) old 0.8.6 release. If you'd
like to experiment with them you'll have to build from source. The details
about that are here:
https://asterixdb.incubator.apache.org/dev-setup.html#setting-up-an-asterix-development-environment-in-eclipse
, but they're probably a bit overkill for just trying to get the compiled
binaries. For that all you really need to do is :
- Clone Hyracks from git
- 'mvn clean install -DskipTests'
- Clone AsterixDB
- 'mvn clean package -DskipTests'
Then, the binaries will sit in asterix-installer/target

For an example, the documentation shows how to set up a feed that's
ingesting Tweets:
https://asterix-jenkins.ics.uci.edu/job/asterix-test-full/site/asterix-doc/feeds/tutorial.html

Thanks,
-Ian