asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From "Malarout, Namrata (398M-Affiliate)" <Namrata.Malar...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Few Questions
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:26:52 GMT
Hi,
I have a few questions:

  *   Can I insert more data into a dataset by importing a .adm file? In the documentation
I saw the insert statement but I wanted to know if I could insert it using a file and the
syntax for it. I tried to do it but I got syntax errors.
  *   I would like to know if there is a way I can increase the amount of data Hyracks can
handle. Currently I’m using version 0.8.6. The error I get when I try to load my data is:
Field accessor is not defined for values of type null [AlgebricksException].  In 0.8.7 Snapshot
the error is: Unable to allocate frame larger than:255 bytes [HyracksDataException]. I am
sure that the error are because of the size of array-based data because when I deleted a lot
of values the load operation works. If anyone is interested in looking at the data, here’s
a sample record: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6wmo4_-H0P2UUhJcFpVdWdZT1k/view?usp=sharing.
I saw the conf/asterix-configuration.xml file and was wondering if changing some values would
make a difference.
  *   What is a field accessor? I couldn’t understand what the error”Field accessor is
not defined for values of type null” means. Any idea why it was triggered? I am assuming
that it has something to do with the size of data only because I didn’t get the error on
reducing it. But from the wording I couldn’t really understand it.

Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Namrata