asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From "Malarout, Namrata (398M-Affiliate)" <Namrata.Malar...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Field accessor not defined for values of type null
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2015 20:44:56 GMT
Hi,
I was just trying to load the .adm file. This was my query:

use dataverse TestL4;

load dataset GlobL4 using localfs

    (("path"="LMC-015412:///Users/malarout/Desktop/d-plus-m.adm"),("format"="adm"));

Thanks,

Namrata

From: Wail Alkowaileet <wael.y.k@gmail.com<mailto:wael.y.k@gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 1:35 PM
To: "users@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org<mailto:users@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>"
<users@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org<mailto:users@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Field accessor not defined for values of type null

Hi Namrata,
What was your query?

Thanks!

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Malarout, Namrata (398M-Affiliate) <Namrata.Malarout@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Namrata.Malarout@jpl.nasa.gov>>
wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying to load data into AsterixDB. But I keep getting this error:

Field accessor is not defined for values of type null [AlgebricksException]

This is the data, (1,291) is the position where the axis starts: "comment":"","axis":"T"
I changed the blank field to null. So now the data is: "comment":null,"axis":”T"
But I’m still getting the same error. In the schema comment has been declared as comment:string?
. I’ve made it optional. Is there something else that I need to take care of? What does
is a field accessor?
Thank in advance for the help.
Regards,
Namrata Malarout