asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Primary key in a nested document structure
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 21:01:59 GMT
Hi Namrata,
First, I would say that the one feature it seems like you will need is
indexing on nested datatypes, which is only supported in the upcoming
release. That's coming very soon, maybe in the next week or so.
Therefore, you can either hold tight for the final release, or try it
now as version 0.8.7-SNAPSHOT
(https://asterixdb.incubator.apache.org/download.html). The nested
indexing is relatively final so I wouldn't expect any major changes
between that version and the release for this use case.

Second, I'm a little confused on the formatting and layout of the
data. In AsterixDB, usually datasets are collections of instances of
JSON/ADM objects. Is what we have here a collection of GlobL4Type
objects? If you could subset and give an instance of one of the
rows/objects here, it'd be very helpful.

Thanks!
- Ian