asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Ben Tovar <bto...@nd.edu>
Subject Re: Installation debug output
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 11:52:01 GMT
Pouria,

Yes, I did a configure. I can run so that the zookeper directory is
writable , but I think the problem is that the ssh-keys do not
authenticate us for AFS, so the shell init scripts cannot be read.

Ian,

I think that also might be it. Yesterday I tried on a FreeBSD box,
which does not install bash at /bin/bash (or at all by default), and I
saw that /bin/bash was being called directly. On the linux side I am
using zsh, so that might be another possibility.

As a test, if I create a local user, with bash as the shell, then the
basic tutorial work as expected. This is really nice, but I would
really like to try the many workers configuration :).

By the way, on FreeBSD I got farther. I got an unusable instance with
a message that the cluster controller was not running. I imagine this
is not one of the main targeted platforms, but I can test there if you
want.

Ben