asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject json vs. JSON
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2015 16:17:52 GMT
Hey - our JSON output format is currently designed to be non-lossy, in
the sense that it encodes all the details of the source types (since ADM
is JSON++ and there's quite a bit in that ++ section).  We really also
need an option for "normal application users" that's lossy but produces
the kind of JSON that would be expected by consuming applications that
"don't appreciate" the many different kinds of numeric data, the
existence of spatial data, etc.  I.e., it'd be nice to have a default
lossy serialization into JSON as well....  (Note that if someone doesn't
want to suffer the loss, they can always do their own out-conversions of
the data in the return section of their AQL query to bridge the gap.)
Thoughts?