asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Could you please help on this error: "Node xxx_node1 has no stores."
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 00:34:26 GMT
Hi Siripen,
managix's shutdown command actually doesn't shut down the instance-
stop does that. 'shutdown' stops the Zookeeper daemon that managix
starts up.

Did `my_asterix` and `my_asterix2` share the same iodevices in their
config? If they did, then the delete went ahead and just rm -rf'ed the
entire directory, hence the complaint about no stores (no metadata,
etc).

One resolution would be to delete my_asterix as well, and then create
an entirely new instance. If managix is giving you trouble though,
there's other, less tested but simpler ways to run AsterixDB on a
local instance that might be easier (especially if you're on a
recent-ish Linux version or OSX).

-Ian