asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: REST API error code question for Invalid Statements (API docs nitpick)
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 18:33:20 GMT
Hey Eugenia,

Good catch. This is certainly a bug.
Regarding the classification of exceptions,HyracksException and
HyracksDataException are pretty broad. It can be anything from network to
disk to "this shouldn't happen" type of exceptions.
It would be interesting to see if that erroneous query had it's exception
casted into something else along the way, or if it just threw an exception
that wasn't anticipated as one that would be returned for a bad query.

- Ian