asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Brandon Lim <brand...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Demo not working?
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 01:40:00 GMT
Hey Eugenia,

I tried that, but it says

git checkout eugneia/tweetbook-demo-fixes
error: pathspec 'eugneia/tweetbook-demo-fixes' did not match any file(s) known to git.

When I did

git branch

Only master showed up.

Best Regards,
Brandon Lim

On May 28, 2015, at 6:35 PM, Eugenia Gabrielova <genia.likes.science@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brandon!
>
> Any luck fetching the upstream branch?
>
> $ cd path/to/your/sandbox
> $ git fetch
> $ git checkout eugenia/tweetbook-demo-fixes
>
> Let me know if that works for you.
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Brandon Lim <brandodl@uci.edu> wrote:
> Hey Ian,
>
> When I clicked the download zip or download tar.gz for the branch, it said 404 not found.
I couldn’t figure out how to checkout her specific branch. I was only able to checkout the
master branch.

> Best Regards,
> Brandon Lim
>

> On May 26, 2015, at 10:42 AM, Ian Maxon <imaxon@uci.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hey Brandon,
> >
> > What seemed to be the issue with checking out/downloading the repository? It should
just be a matter of checking out that branch and doing 'mvn clean package -DskipTests'.

> > - Ian
> >
> > On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Brandon Lim <brandodl@uci.edu> wrote:
> > Hey Eugenia,
> >
> > I wasn’t able to download your up-to-date branch in the sandbox for some reason.
Is there another way for me to get access to your most up-to-date TweetBook Demo?

> > Best Regards,
> > Brandon Lim
> >

> > On May 22, 2015, at 12:17 PM, Eugenia Gabrielova <genia.likes.science@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > Hi Brandon!
> > >
> > > As a heads up, I have a branch in sandbox with some up-to-date changes and
fixes on the TweetbookDemo. I'll keep an eye out on this thread if you have any questions,
or I can look through code with you on campus if you prefer.
> > > https://code.google.com/p/asterixdb-sandbox/source/browse/?name=eugenia%2Ftweetbook-demo-fixes#git%2Fasterix-examples%2Fsrc%2Fmain%2Fresources%2Ftweetbook-demo
> > >
> > > The longitude shift was just a debugging thing for me when I was playing with
spatial queries, to match an older version of the geospatial demo (pre-Tweetbooks). It's not
an Asterix-related thing and can easily be removed.

> > > On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Ian Maxon <imaxon@uci.edu> wrote:
> > > Hi Brandon,
> > > Interesting. I wasn't quite sure how to solve this initially, but there is
a function that does the trick. (however it isn't documented in master!...)

> > > parse-datetime should be able to do the trick. For your example. "  parse-datetime("Fri
May 11 07:53:00 +0000 2012", "W MMM DD hh:mm:ss z YYYY")  " will give the proper AQL object
from the string. The first part is (obviously) the date to be parsed. The second is the formatting
string, which is not very well documented, but appears to follow Java's convention (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html)
closely.

> > > -Ian
> > >
> > > On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Brandon Lim <brandodl@uci.edu> wrote:
> > > Hey Ian,
> > >
> > > Quick question. So I’m trying to align my dataset or how my dataset is handled
with the dataset that is currently in use by the TweetBook demo, but one thing is that the
TweetBook demo allows it to query based on datetime.