asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Brandon Lim <brand...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Demo not working?
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 01:52:31 GMT
That worked. I must’ve misspelled it twice because I tried the other day as well. Thanks
Eugenia.

Also, Thanks Ian!

Best Regards,
Brandon Lim

On May 28, 2015, at 6:44 PM, Eugenia Gabrielova <genia.likes.science@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brandon,
>
> Looks like you have the pathspec spelled incorrectly ("eugneia")
>
> Try
> $ git checkout eugenia/tweetbook-demo-fixes
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 6:40 PM, Brandon Lim <brandodl@uci.edu> wrote:
> Hey Eugenia,
>
> I tried that, but it says
>
> git checkout eugneia/tweetbook-demo-fixes
> error: pathspec 'eugneia/tweetbook-demo-fixes' did not match any file(s) known to git.
>
> When I did
>
> git branch
>
> Only master showed up.
>
> Best Regards,
> Brandon Lim
>

> On May 28, 2015, at 6:35 PM, Eugenia Gabrielova <genia.likes.science@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Hi Brandon!
> >
> > Any luck fetching the upstream branch?
> >
> > $ cd path/to/your/sandbox
> > $ git fetch
> > $ git checkout eugenia/tweetbook-demo-fixes
> >
> > Let me know if that works for you.
> >
> > On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Brandon Lim <brandodl@uci.edu> wrote:
> > Hey Ian,
> >
> > When I clicked the download zip or download tar.gz for the branch, it said 404 not
found. I couldn’t figure out how to checkout her specific branch. I was only able to checkout
the master branch.

> > Best Regards,
> > Brandon Lim
> >

> > On May 26, 2015, at 10:42 AM, Ian Maxon <imaxon@uci.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey Brandon,
> > >
> > > What seemed to be the issue with checking out/downloading the repository? It
should just be a matter of checking out that branch and doing 'mvn clean package -DskipTests'.

> > > - Ian
> > >
> > > On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Brandon Lim <brandodl@uci.edu> wrote:
> > > Hey Eugenia,
> > >
> > > I wasn’t able to download your up-to-date branch in the sandbox for some
reason. Is there another way for me to get access to your most up-to-date TweetBook Demo?

> > > Best Regards,
> > > Brandon Lim

and fixes on the TweetbookDemo. I'll keep an eye out on this thread if you have any questions,
or I can look through code with you on campus if you prefer.

with spatial queries, to match an older version of the geospatial demo (pre-Tweetbooks). It's
not an Asterix-related thing and can easily be removed.

is a function that does the trick. (however it isn't documented in master!...)

May 11 07:53:00 +0000 2012", "W MMM DD hh:mm:ss z YYYY")  " will give the proper AQL object
from the string. The first part is (obviously) the date to be parsed. The second is the formatting
string, which is not very well documented, but appears to follow Java's convention (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html)
closely.

is handled with the dataset that is currently in use by the TweetBook demo, but one thing
is that the TweetBook demo allows it to query based on datetime.