asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Demo not working?
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 18:41:04 GMT
Hi Brandon,
Interesting. I wasn't quite sure how to solve this initially, but there is
a function that does the trick. (however it isn't documented in master!...)

parse-datetime should be able to do the trick. For your example. "
 parse-datetime("Fri May 11 07:53:00 +0000 2012", "W MMM DD hh:mm:ss z
YYYY")  " will give the proper AQL object from the string. The first part
is (obviously) the date to be parsed. The second is the formatting string,
which is not very well documented, but appears to follow Java's convention (
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html)
closely.

-Ian