asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Eugenia Gabrielova <genia.likes.scie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Demo not working?
Date Sun, 31 May 2015 22:44:03 GMT
Hi Brandon,

*AsterixDB Lat/Lng: *I am pretty sure the points in AsterixDB are created
with Latitude, Longitude. Same with Google Maps API. In the Spatial docs (
http://asterix.ics.uci.edu/documentation/aql/functions.html#SpatialFunctions)
example under "point", the following example is shown, and only longitude
can scale up to magnitude 180: *use dataverse TinySocial; let $c :=
point("55.05,-138.04") return {"point": $c}. *I remember running into this
exact same thing though - perhaps it would be good to specify
latitude/longitude arguments in the docs, not just x,y.

*On recentering: * I have just pushed a change that adds home_latitude and
home_longitude as their own variables - good idea! - and resets them in the
resetMap() function. The function resetMap() has the code (~ line #1118)
that moves the map back to center. I don't think there is recentering
anywhere else in the demo.

*Los Angeles Spatial issue: *Could you give me a bit more information on
your data source?
* Are you using data from the Twitter live API, the original Tweetbook demo
dataset, or something else?
* Does your query on Los Angeles return results with the Query UI (
127.0.0.1:19001, on your local machine)?

Cheers,
Eugenia