asterixdb-users mailing list archives

From Brandon Lim <brand...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Demo not working?
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 17:33:29 GMT
Hey Eugenia,

I was able to get it to run with my new query and the dataset is inside AsterixDB. I was curious
to how I can change the spatial intersect of the query. Even if I put a location in the location
box for the query, once I submit the query, it just brings me back to the default spatial
area on the East Coast.

Best Regards,
Brandon Lim

On May 28, 2015, at 6:54 PM, Eugenia Gabrielova <genia.likes.science@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's all good, let me know if you have any issues or questions about the code (or bugs
:P so I can fix them)

> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Brandon Lim <brandodl@uci.edu> wrote:
> That worked. I must’ve misspelled it twice because I tried the other day as well. Thanks
Eugenia.

> Also, Thanks Ian!
>

> Best Regards,
> Brandon Lim
>

> On May 28, 2015, at 6:44 PM, Eugenia Gabrielova <genia.likes.science@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Hi Brandon,
> >
> > Looks like you have the pathspec spelled incorrectly ("eugneia")
> >
> > Try
> > $ git checkout eugenia/tweetbook-demo-fixes
> >
> > On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 6:40 PM, Brandon Lim <brandodl@uci.edu> wrote:
> > Hey Eugenia,
> >
> > I tried that, but it says
> >
> > git checkout eugneia/tweetbook-demo-fixes
> > error: pathspec 'eugneia/tweetbook-demo-fixes' did not match any file(s) known to
git.

> > When I did
> >
> > git branch
> >
> > Only master showed up.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Brandon Lim
> >

> > On May 28, 2015, at 6:35 PM, Eugenia Gabrielova <genia.likes.science@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > Hi Brandon!
> > >
> > > Any luck fetching the upstream branch?
> > >
> > > $ cd path/to/your/sandbox
> > > $ git fetch
> > > $ git checkout eugenia/tweetbook-demo-fixes
> > >
> > > Let me know if that works for you.
> > >
> > > On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Brandon Lim <brandodl@uci.edu> wrote:
> > > Hey Ian,
> > >
> > > When I clicked the download zip or download tar.gz for the branch, it said
404 not found. I couldn’t figure out how to checkout her specific branch. I was only able
to checkout the master branch.

> > > Best Regards,
> > > Brandon Lim

It should just be a matter of checking out that branch and doing 'mvn clean package -DskipTests'.

some reason. Is there another way for me to get access to your most up-to-date TweetBook Demo?

and fixes on the TweetbookDemo. I'll keep an eye out on this thread if you have any questions,
or I can look through code with you on campus if you prefer.

playing with spatial queries, to match an older version of the geospatial demo (pre-Tweetbooks).
It's not an Asterix-related thing and can easily be removed.

there is a function that does the trick. (however it isn't documented in master!...)

"  parse-datetime("Fri May 11 07:53:00 +0000 2012", "W MMM DD hh:mm:ss z YYYY")  " will give
the proper AQL object from the string. The first part is (obviously) the date to be parsed.
The second is the formatting string, which is not very well documented, but appears to follow
Java's convention (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html)
closely.

is handled with the dataset that is currently in use by the TweetBook demo, but one thing
is that the TweetBook demo allows it to query based on datetime.