asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From sandraskarshaug@gmail.com <sandraskarsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Filter incoming data by query predicates
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2018 16:19:23 GMT
Hi again!

I am currently trying to make use of the filtering by query predicate example which was discussed
in another thread here ("Build UDF project"), see below:

*connect feed UserFeed to dataset EmpDataset WHERE
testlib#wordDetector(fname) = TRUE;*
start feed UserFeed;

. using the wordDetector UDF found here: https://github.com/idleft/asterix-udf-template/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/asterix/external/library/WordInListFunction.java

However, the output type of this UDF, as defined in library_descriptor.xml is "ABOOLEAN".
Will it still store the entire record (InputRecordType) in the EmpDataset, or only the boolean
value? And, if I would like to use the records which pass the filtering in wordDetector as
input to another UDF, would I need to change the output type of the UDF? If so, the check
"testlib#wordDetector(fname) = TRUE;*" will not work anymore, due to the output being an entire
record instead of only a boolean.

I appreciate your help!

Best regards,
Sandra