asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From sandraskarshaug@gmail.com <sandraskarsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build UDF project (Maven) with large model to deploy to AsterixDB [Error assembling jar]
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2018 14:00:07 GMT
Thank you for making sense of the log file for me, I managed to get the parameters work!

However, a new challenge became evident, of course. The new error that I am seeing (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
in the cc.log when trying to use one of the dependencies in my code). I think this may be
happening due to the external dependency, and if it is reachable or not from my UDF when running
locally on AsterixDB. Could you explain if my approach for including external dependencies
are right or not (approach/steps listed below)?

1. The binary-assembly-libzip.xml looks like this, where the dependencies are included at
the bottom:

<assembly>
  <id>testlib</id>
  <formats>
    <format>zip</format>
  </formats>
  <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
  <fileSets>
    <fileSet>
      <directory>target</directory>
      <outputDirectory/>
      <includes>
        <include>*.jar</include>
      </includes>
    </fileSet>
    <fileSet>
      <outputDirectory/>
      <includes>
        <include>library_descriptor.xml</include>
      </includes>
    </fileSet>
  </fileSets>
  <dependencySets>
    <dependencySet>
      <includes>
        <include>commons-io:commons-io</include>
        <include>ch.qos.logback:logback-core</include>
        <include>org.slf4j:slf4j-api</include>
        <include>ch.qos.logback:logback-classic</include>
        <include>org.deeplearning4j:deeplearning4j-core</include>
        <include>org.deeplearning4j:deeplearning4j-modelimport</include>
        <include>org.deeplearning4j:deeplearning4j-nlp</include>
        <include>org.nd4j:nd4j-api</include>
        <include>org.nd4j:nd4j-native</include>
      </includes>
      <unpack>false</unpack>
      <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
    </dependencySet>
  </dependencySets>
</assembly>

2. When the Maven project is built (mvn clean install), it generates files in /target:
- asterix-udf-template-0.1-SNAPSHOT-testlib.zip
- asterix-udf-template-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
- archive-tmp
- classes
- generated-sources
- maven-archiver
- maven-status

3. When unzipping the uppermost file (testlib), it contains:
- lib (dictionary containing .jars for my dependencies listed above in binary-assembly-libzip.xml)
- library_descriptor.xml
- asterix-udf-template-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

4. And when unzipping the bottommost .jar inside the testlib here, it contains:
- my model (model.bin.gz)
- library_descriptor.xml
- META-INF
- org.apache.asterix.external