asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Xikui Wang <xik...@uci.edu>
Subject OptimizedHybridHashJoinOperatorDescriptor vs. HybridHashJoinOperatorDescriptor
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2018 02:52:10 GMT
Hi Devs,

Does anyone know what's the difference between
the OptimizedHybridHashJoinOperatorDescriptor and the
HybridHashJoinOperatorDescriptor?

I was going over part of the join codes and found both of these classes
there. It seems the only difference between the two is when there is a
hashFunctionFamily is null, we will use the
HybridHashJoinOperatorDescriptor. However, it seems this would not
happen... In fact, I changed to code to always use the optimized one and no
test cases fail (could be test cases bias though). Thanks ahead!

Best,
Xikui