asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Install UDF library (NCService option)
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 15:05:10 GMT
You can probably get away with it, yes. Look at what the ansible task
to install the UDF does and copy it to the same location, and it'll
work.

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:00 AM Sandra Skarshaug
<sandraskarshaug@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some follow up information, I have a folder structure inside asterix-server-0.9.3-binary-assembly
which looks like the attached image. The files inside testlib are generated when building
the following udf-template project: https://github.com/idleft/asterix-udf-template.

> When I try to execute the query below, it says function test.testlib#mysum@2 is not defined
[CompilationException]

>  "use test;
>  testlib#mysum(3,4);"
>
> man. 15. okt. 2018 kl. 11:36 skrev Sandra Skarshaug <sandraskarshaug@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am using AsterixDB for my master thesis, and I have some issues I hope you can
help me with!

>> How do I install a UDF package when I am using NCService, not Ansible? Is it enough
to unzip the .jar generated from my project, and add it to asterix-server-0.9.3-binary-assembly/lib/udfs/testlib?
Or should I use my local version of asterixdb (the cloned repo), not the one installed through
your webpage?

>> The following information is found in the cc.log when I put the .jar in the location
specified above (lib/udfs/testlib): ssembly/lib/udfs