asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stability Q
Date Tue, 01 May 2018 08:02:02 GMT
Yes, I used to see this on my Mac - but it had gone away for a year or
more.  It seems to be back.  We asked the UWash student(s) to share logs
- nothing back yet - I can share mine tomorrow if you let me know which
file(s) on which paths (relative to my installation) to send.  Shutdown
-f (twice - first one hung and JPS revealed that it didn't succeed) and
then startup again resolved mine.  Presumably the logs will still have
the error info though?

On 5/1/18 12:31 AM, Murtadha Hubail wrote:
> This is most likely caused by missing heartbeat from the NC to the CC. Some macOS versions
had issues with reestablishing connected sockets after waking up from sleep.
> But it could also be some unexpected exception that caused the NC to shut down. If you
could share the logs with me, I can tell you for sure.