asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stability Q
Date Wed, 02 May 2018 06:19:31 GMT
Issue filed with logs attached!  Would be nice to make it go away - it's
not the best first impression for tire-kicking users.  :-)

On 5/1/18 1:22 AM, Murtadha Hubail wrote:
> The logs should still have the information before the shutdown.
> There should be cc.log and [nc_name].log in there. It might be easier to just compress
the logs directory and attach it to a JIRA issue.

> On 05/01/2018, 11:02 AM, "Mike Carey" <dtabass@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      Yes, I used to see this on my Mac - but it had gone away for a year or
>      more.  It seems to be back.  We asked the UWash student(s) to share logs
>      - nothing back yet - I can share mine tomorrow if you let me know which
>      file(s) on which paths (relative to my installation) to send.  Shutdown
>      -f (twice - first one hung and JPS revealed that it didn't succeed) and
>      then startup again resolved mine.  Presumably the logs will still have
>      the error info though?
>

>      On 5/1/18 12:31 AM, Murtadha Hubail wrote:
>      > This is most likely caused by missing heartbeat from the NC to the CC. Some
macOS versions had issues with reestablishing connected sockets after waking up from sleep.
>      > But it could also be some unexpected exception that caused the NC to shut down.
If you could share the logs with me, I can tell you for sure.