asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Blow <mblow.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject PLEASE READ: Automatic formatting of sources
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2018 21:01:37 GMT
All,

As mentioned in last week's status meeting, I have submitted a change which
applies and enforces our code format[1] at build / jenkins time.  As of
this commit, source formatting happens as part of the 'process-sources'
build phase.  This can be run explicitly (to format your code prior to
commit) but is already run prior to the compile phase, so if you are
building with maven, it will be run for you.

Jenkins will be enforcing that patches moving forward comply with the
template [2].  If your patch fails this job, ensure you run 'mvn
process-sources' and resubmit the result.

To migrate outstanding topic branches, it is recommended to do the
following steps to minimize conflict resolution:

*ade merge cb9ca97531eddee2cd312654bf13b0905cb3ef6e~1 *
*mvn process-sources -Psource-format -Drat.skip*
*ade commit -a*
*ade merge cb9ca97531eddee2cd312654bf13b0905cb3ef6e*
*ade commit -a*

Let me know if you run into any issues,

Thanks,

-MDB