asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <bamou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Result Deletion Parameter
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 23:55:50 GMT
I like the idea..
We need to be careful to only count successful complete reads.

Side Note: We have an existing issue that the results are swept if the TTL passed even if
the query is still running.

> On Jan 16, 2018, at 3:50 PM, Murtadha Hubail <hubailmor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> Currently, AsterixDB supports three types of result delivery methods namely IMMEDIATE,
DEFERED, and ASYNC. In the IMMEDIATE case, the result files are deleted as soon as the result
is sent to the query requester. However, in the case of DEFERED and ASYNC, they are kept until
a certain time to live expires even if the requester already read the result and no longer
interested in it. To avoid this, the proposal is to add a new parameter to our HTTP API to
allow the user to specify after how many reads the result is deleted. This way, the result
files will be deleted as soon as the user is no longer interested in the result. If the parameter
is not specified by the user, the default value to delete the result for all three delivery
methods will be after (1) read.